IS IT EASY TO USE?
- As always, Practise makes perfect, so take time to practice spraying before final use on props.
- Always test on hidden surfaces or off-cuts to ensure compatibility and adhesion.
WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO APPLY?
- It's Very Important to apply several light coats rather than one heavy coat. Do not apply too much in one go. The spray is very fine and dries fast, so it's better to spray 4 light coats
rather than 1 heavy coat. Over application will cause puddles and reduce the dulling effect. Best results are achieved when only light coats are applied. If the spray runs then it is being applied to
heavily. Excessive application may also cause damage to some surfaces.
DO I NEED MUCH PREPARATION?
- Some simple steps, like ensuring surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease is the most important.
- Obviously, mask areas not to be sprayed using suitable protective sheets.
- Shake the can for 10 seconds before use and always immediately before spraying. Shake often while spraying.
ARE THERE ANY TECHNIQUES THAT GET BETTER RESULTS?
- Before starting, spray off to one side for 3 seconds. This clears the plastic tube inside the can so that dulling spray comes out rather than clear propellant.
- Hold the can in an upright position between 100mm to 300mm from a surface and press the nozzle lightly to release just a little spray and harder to release more spray.
- Let each coat dry before applying further coats. Drying time of a fine spray is usually less than 30 seconds, but will take longer in cool or damp conditions.
- Move your hand across the surface in one smooth, continuous motion, keeping the nozzle fully depressed.
- Release the nozzle only when your hand has fully past the other side of the surface.
- Dulling spray will behave differently in different conditions. Best results are achieved when the surface and the can are at room temperature.
CAN IT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER DIRTY DOWN PRODUCTS?
- Apply over the top of any Dirty Down Ageing Spray, Liquids or Crayons to dull down the shade, alternately, Ageing Spray can be applied over Dulling Spray.
- Ageing Spray applied over Dulling Spray looks like a layer of dirt, especially on glass and windows.
- Use only in well ventilated areas.
- Download the Dulling Spray Safety Data Sheet (below) and Read carefully before using the Spray.